We finally made it through. As training camps for football teams begin to fire up and the season moves closer, media in general picks up tremendously. Here are a couple of my favorite pieces from last week.
– First, I loved this piece from Jay Bilas on how the antics of Lavar Ball have become intolerable and dangerous to sports and society. I, for one, agree with the Bilastrator. Lavar needs to reign it in before he gets in more trouble.
– I also really enjoyed Bryan Bickell piece from the Players’ Tribune. It touches on Bickell’s diagnosis with M.S., how he accepted it, and how he dealt with it. Good read.
– While you are at the Player’s Tribune reading the Bickell piece, you definitely have to check out Harold Varner III’s write up. The ECU alum talks about what it’s like being the only African-American on the PGA Tour, and notes that more needs to be done to bring more accessible golf to all races.
– Although we are still a good while from basketball season, it’s never a bad time for analysis and predictions for next season. Lots of hype surrounds the Hornets offseason with the latest acquisitions of Dwight Howard, Malik Monk, and Dwayne Bacon. This piece from FanRagSports was a great recap on the season and draft.
- – Finally, as the Panthers start to get ready for the upcoming season, some players aren’t in the best shape. Jourdan Rodrique of the Charlotte Observer had a great piece on how the Panthers’ coaching staff isn’t too thrilled with the weight of receiver, Kelvin Benjamin.
Tweet of the week:
Tell ’em, Panthers.
"Hot takes are the easier, lazier way to cover sports" https://t.co/9T10vsdcIO
— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) July 29, 2017