The main draw of the 2017 NCAA tournament begins tomorrow. Unfortunately the Wake Forest Demon Deacons bowed out in the “First Four” last night so for research sakes we won’t include them into this.
UNC opens the tournament as a #1 seed against Texas Southern on Friday. The Tar Heels are currently a 26.5 point favorite. The game has a over/under total of 154.5.
1. UNC is 34-25 ATS in all NCAA Tournament games since 1997.
2. In first round NCAA tournament games, UNC is just 4-5 ATS in last 9 NCAA openers.
3. In last 11 NCAA Tournament games, 9 of those games have gone OVER the total.
Duke opens the tournament as a #2 seed against Troy on Friday. The Blue Devils are currently a 19 point favorite. The game has an over/under total of 153.
1. Duke is 29-34 ATS in all NCAA Tournament games since 1997.
2. Duke is just 3-6-1 ATS in NCAA Tournament openers in last 10 years
3. In their last 10 NCAA Tournament games, 7 of those games have gone UNDER the total.
UNC-Wilmington opens the tournament as a #12 seed against UVA. The Seahawks are currently 7.5 point underdogs.
**UNC-Wilmington has covered the spread in all (4) NCAA Tournament games they have ever played in**
NC Central opens the tournament as a #16 seed against UC-Davis. The Eagles are currently 3.5 point favorites. The Eagles have only appeared in 1 NCAA game in their history and did not cover the spread.