Still holding out hope for #DukeUNC4Gameday in Chapel Hill on Saturday November 7th?
While it appears to be a pipe dream after Duke/UNC was given a 12/12:30 start time, here are some things you should be rooting for this week to give it a shot:
- Hope the game starts at 12:30 on ESPN. Not that it matters much, but we are hard pressed to believe ESPN would do Gameday at a location with a 12:00 start. We all know UNC fans show up to early games, so no one would be there while Corso puts on the Rameses or Blue Devil head.
- UNC has to win at Pitt. Duh.
- Duke has to beat Miami. Duh.
- It would probably help if NC State beats Clemson. Clemson hosts FSU on November 7th and the appeal of a FSU/Clemson gameday would lessen if the Tigers have a loss. Also, Gameday has already been to Death Valley.
- Pull for Texas Tech to knock off Oklahoma State. This may not be too hard to achieve as Oklahoma State is just a 3 point favorite vs Texas Tech at this point. Oklahoma State hosts undefeated TCU on November 7th and would be a serious contender for Gameday should it be an undefeated TCU at undefeated Oklahoma State.
- Hope that ESPN stops the slurpfest of the SEC and realizes there is decent football played in the ACC. This would require them not going to Tuscaloosa for LSU/Alabama for the EIGHTH time in history. Do we really need to see a one loss team play against a team who struggled to put away Syracuse? Plus why should they care about a game that ended 9-6 in a field goal contest years ago. Gross.